Applications for the NSFAS funding of the 2021 academic year are now open. You will need the following to complete your funding application.
Ensure that you have your own
- Valid email address and cellphone number (Note that your cellphone number must be UNIQUE to you and cannot be shared with another applicant).
- Valid South African ID
You will also need the following to complete your NSFAS application:
• Copy of your ID or birth certificate
• ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
• Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (if applicable)
• Your parents, guardian or spouse’s proof of income (if applicable)
• If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
• Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form, Click here to download
• An applicant who is recognised as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration Form, click here to download
You do not have to submit a separate Consent Form
Other documents required, if applicable:
• Retrenchment letter
• Death certificate/s
• Divorce decree
Certified documents are not a requirement due to COVID-19 restrictions
When to apply:
Once you are approved for NSFAS funding, the bursary will pay for your registration and tuition fees, and provide you with an allowance for food, learning material, personal care as well as traveling or accommodation allowance where necessary.