Gauteng Job Description Lanseria International Airport is offering Learnership Programme 2020 -2021 for Matriculants with no experience. Minimum Requirements Matric/ Grade 12 with Mathematics and English Must be between the ages of 18 and 34 years Must have own transport Must be willing to work flexible hours Applicants must reside in Gauteng Your application must contain the following: A comprehensive CV A short motivation letter Matric certificate (certified) Copy of ID (certified) How To Appy
Within the airport terminal, the ground staff is responsible for:
- Manning the check-in counters that serve departing passengers. Here, the duties include checking the passengers in for their flights, redirecting or rebooking customers whose flights have either been delayed or canceled, and giving updates to passengers who are waiting in the lobbies.
- Manning the arrival and departure gates. This involves attending to customers before they board, after they land, or when they are switching between flights.
- Performing cabin services to ensure that passengers are comfortable during their flights. Cabin services include cleaning and restocking the planes before the passengers can board them.
- Issuing tickets to passengers.
- Assisting passengers by answering questions, providing directions, or attending to their other needs. This includes helping passengers with inquiries about delayed or lost baggage.
- Taking reservations from passengers who call in.
- Assisting passengers with luggage check-ins at the ticket counter.
- Making sure that all baggage is delivered.
- Confirming the identities of passengers, and providing them with boarding passes.
- In some cases, ground staff may be responsible for screening passengers and their luggage for security purposes.
- Giving special assistance to disabled passengers. Outside the terminal, the ground staff is responsible for:
- Loading and unloading bags and other luggage to and from the plane.
- Helping passengers and the flight crew to get on and off the plane by providing the stairs.
- Indicating to the pilots which taxi spots they should use after the plane has landed.
Most airlines expect their ground staff recruits to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Recruits must have a good command of the English language.
- They should have excellent communication skills.
- VCE Certificate