G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Branch Manager based at our operations in Swellendam and Vredendal, Western Cape.
The role of the Branch Manager is to effectively manage branch resources and procedures to ensure that the contractual obligations to customers are achieved cost effectively and that the company’s security procedures are applied throughout the branch. To continually review and improve branch profitability and security.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Key Performance Areas
Effective management of the branch financial performance
- Manage relationship between actual results, budgets and forecasts, delegating accountability where appropriate.
- Manage the effective and efficient usage of company assets, i.e. vehicles, ensuring that all assets (including Cash Processing Centre equipment) are well maintained, accounted for, and utilized correctly to optimize life of the asset.
- Maintain, manage and adhere to company procedures and policies for CPC, CIT, all cash floats, customer details and other financial controls. Managing of all internal and external reconciliation procedures and policies.
- Oversight and management of customer invoicing, ensuring that terminations are processed, new customers added correctly, and changes in billing reflected.
- Initiate cost savings and controls and
- Gross Margin Management
- Direct Wage control
- Overheads control
- Overtime cost control
- Service/Schedule profitability
- Ensuring that claims against the Company are prevented or minimized
Effective management and deployment of employees within the branch
- Effective Labour and Organisation
- Ensure that there are adequate staff for both admin and operations and that all new vacancies are approved and appointments are vetted and approved before making an offer of employment, as well as fully compliant with current legislation.
- Proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Set and agree objectives and performance standards with staff, including understanding of policy and procedures
- Monitor and manage performance and provide feedback
- Apply consistent and fair disciplinary action in line with legislation
- Oversight of employee records, ensuring that all relevant and required documentation is on file.
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Determine training needs (in line with training and HR policy) for staff. Arrange for attendance of subordinates at scheduled training interventions and coach staff as needed.
- Ensure that all employees are trained on the minimum standard operating procedures and to the statutory training requirements
- Monitor, manage and address staff motivation levels
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of behaviour at work by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
- Ensure that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Hold branch management team meetings and communicate to all branch staff through those briefings
Effective management of operations