OPERATIONAL MANAGER: ELECTRICAL – REF: OME – JW352/2020 (OLIFANTSVLEI WORKS)
REMUNERATION: R436 992 BASIC SALARY PER ANNUM
Ensure that repairs and maintenance to electrical and automation infrastructure based at Johannesburg Water’s Treatment Works is done in accordance to General Machinery Regulations section 2.1 & 2.7 (OHASA) and SANS codes of practice.
Manage the electrical repairs and maintenance of all Waste Water Treatment Works buildings, facilities, and workshops according to SANS0142 and Building Regulations. Manage and ensure the facilities maintenance of all buildings which include, but not limited to the painting of the buildings (outsourced) lighting, ventilation and general upkeep according to OHASA and JW standards and procedures. Manage and Control staff in terms of HR Policies. Manage, monitor and enforce safety requirements in the workplace by carrying out risk assessments and on job assessments. Informs Electrical Manager with the annual capital (CAPEX) and operating budgets (OPEX) estimates. Keep updated records of expenditure per electrical plant/equipment and inform Electrical Manager of high expenditure equipment. Liaise with consultants and other JW departments on operational issues when required.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12/N3 Electrical + Electrical trade test certificate or NQF level 4 Electrical learnership.
- 5 years’ experience on motors and motor controllers such as Soft starters, Direct on line and Star Delta starters.
- Basic experience on PLC’S and VSD’S.
- Experience on ultrasonic level controllers and actuators of which 2 years must be supervisory experience.
- Valid code EB drivers licence.
Please forward your CV and qualifications to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the relevant reference number and job title in the subject line of your correspondence.